These nodes are for doing mathematical calculations with numbers.
Many of these nodes have an integer version and a real number version. The integer version is for working with numbers without decimal points, such as 1, 99, 0, or -200. The real number version is for working with numbers with decimal points, such as 1.5 or -0.01. Because of the way that numbers are stored on a computer, the integer version gives exact results whereas the real number version is subject to (usually tiny) rounding errors. For example, the integer version of
vuo.math.divide.integer) says that 4 divided by 3 equals 1 remainder 1, while the real number version of
vuo.math.divide.real) says that 4 divided by 3 equals 1.333…3 (slightly less than 1 1/3).
- Count: Every 1 second, displays the number of seconds that the composition has been running.
- Graph Functions: Plots several mathematical functions on a coordinate plane.
- Paint With Math: Runs a guided painting session using four templates generated from mathematical expressions. Click to begin painting from the next template.
- Calculate Absolute Value (vuo.math.absolute): Converts the input to a non-negative number.
- Add (vuo.math.add): Calculates the sum of the terms.
- Are Equal (vuo.math.areEqual): Outputs true if all terms are close to equal.
- Calculate (vuo.math.calculate): Calculates the value of a math expression or formula.
- Calculate Cosine (vuo.math.cos): Calculates the cosine (cos) of the angle.
- Count (vuo.math.count): Keeps track of a count that can be incremented and decremented.
- Count within Range (vuo.math.countWithinRange.VuoInteger): Keeps track of a count that can be incremented and decremented and always stays within a given range.
- Count within Range (vuo.math.countWithinRange.VuoReal): Keeps track of a count that can be incremented and decremented and always stays within a given range.
- Divide with Remainder (vuo.math.divide.VuoInteger): Calculates the quotient and remainder of a divided by b (a/b).
- Divide (vuo.math.divide.VuoReal): Calculates the quotient of a divided by b (a/b).
- Exponentiate (vuo.math.exponentiate): Calculates base raised to the power of exponent.
- Is Greater Than (vuo.math.isGreaterThan): Outputs true if a is greater than b (a>b).
- Is Less Than (vuo.math.isLessThan): Outputs true if a is less than b (a<b).
- Is within Range (vuo.math.isWithinRange): Outputs true if the value is within a given range.
- Limit to Range (vuo.math.limitToRange.VuoInteger): Restricts a value to fall within a given range.
- Limit to Range (vuo.math.limitToRange.VuoReal): Restricts a value to fall within a given range.
- Find Maximum (vuo.math.max): Selects the term that is greater than or equal to all the other terms.
- Find Minimum (vuo.math.min): Selects the term that is less than or equal to all the other terms.
- Multiply (vuo.math.multiply): Calculates the product of the terms.
- Round (vuo.math.round): Rounds the number to the nearest integer.
- Round Down (vuo.math.roundDown): Rounds the number downward to the nearest integer below it.
- Round Up (vuo.math.roundUp): Rounds the number upward to the nearest integer above it.
- Scale (vuo.math.scale): Converts a number from one unit of measure to another.
- Calculate Sine (vuo.math.sin): Calculates the sine (sin) of the angle.
- Snap Value (vuo.math.snap): Rounds a number or point to the nearest position on an imaginary grid.
- Subtract (vuo.math.subtract): Calculates a minus b (a-b).
- Calculate Tangent (vuo.math.tan): Calculates the tangent (tan) of the angle.