These nodes provide different ways of generating random numbers.
Gradient noise (including Perlin noise and simplex noise) is useful for creating natural-looking movement and textures.
Uniformly distributed random numbers are useful for picking from a set of options. When a random number is generated from a uniform distribution, the number falls between a given minimum and maximum. Each number between the minimum and the maximum has an equal chance of being picked.
- Color Squares Randomly: Displays a pattern of colored squares. Each square has a one-in-five chance of being yellow.
- Display Random Images: Displays a series of randomly selected images. Each time this composition starts (and when the mouse is clicked), it starts over at the same image because of the random seed.
- Make Random Sounds: Generates a randomly fluctuating pitch, illustrated with a waveform diagram with randomly changing colors.
- Place Spheres Randomly: Displays a scene with many spheres in random positions. The positions are the same each time the composition is run because of the random seed.
- Scribble: Draws a series of lines between random points.
- Wander Image: Animates an image along an organic, wandering path.
- Make Gradient Noise (vuo.noise.gradient): Generates a pseudorandom value using Perlin noise or simplex noise.
- Make Random Value (vuo.noise.random): Generates a pseudorandom value uniformly distributed between Minimum and Maximum.
- Make Random List (vuo.noise.random.list): Generates a list of pseudorandom values uniformly distributed between Minimum and Maximum.
- Make Random List with Seed (vuo.noise.random.list.seed): Generates a list of pseudorandom values uniformly distributed between Minimum and Maximum.
- Make Random Value with Seed (vuo.noise.random.seed): Generates a pseudorandom value uniformly distributed between Minimum and Maximum.