These nodes are for working with text.
These nodes use the UTF-8 encoding for the Unicode character set. This means that they can handle ASCII characters (such as the English/Latin alphabet) as well as other characters, such as accented characters and non-Latin alphabets.
You can enter text that has multiple lines (line breaks) into a text input editor. Do this by composing your text in a basic text editor (such as TextEdit), then copying and pasting it into the input editor.
- Check Sms Length: Tells you if the text you typed is within 160 characters (the limit for SMS messages). Type text into the console window and hit the "Return" key.
- Reveal Word: Reveals a word one letter at a time. Hidden letters are replaced by dots.
- Append Texts (vuo.text.append): Appends the input texts together to create a composite text.
- Are Equal (vuo.text.areEqual): Outputs true if all texts are identical.
- Count Characters (vuo.text.countCharacters): Gives the number of characters in the text.
- Cut Text (vuo.text.cut): Outputs part of the input text.