These nodes are for working with events.
Events are a fundamental concept in Vuo. They’re what make things happen in a composition. For more information, see the Vuo Manual.
These nodes fire events in response to certain basic activity as a composition is running, such as when the composition first starts or when the display refreshes.
To fire events at certain time intervals, see the
vuo.time node set.
Many other node sets also have nodes that fire events (for example, in response to activity from a device).
- Load Image Asynchronously: Downloads an image from the internet and displays it. While waiting for the image to download, displays a placeholder image.
- Rotate In Sequence: Rotates the top square, then, as soon as that animation completes, rotates the bottom square.
- Spin Kaleidoscope: Applies a kaleidoscope effect to an image. This composition demonstrates the best way to fetch an image (or do other one-time tasks) within an image generator or image filter — use an
Allow First Event node instead of a
Fire on Start node.
- Spin Psychedelic Checkerboard: Each time the mouse is clicked, the checkerboard rotates several degrees, leaving a trail behind it. The trail forms because the checkerboard is actually rotated in several small increments per mouse click, with image feedback applied to each one.
- Allow First Event (vuo.event.allowFirst): Allows one event through, and blocks all events after that.
- Are All Hit (vuo.event.areAllHit.2): Outputs true if both input ports receive the same event.
- Became False (vuo.event.becameFalse): Outputs an event when the input changes from true to false.
- Became True (vuo.event.becameTrue): Outputs an event when the input changes from false to true.
- Changed (vuo.event.changed): Outputs an event when the input changes to a different value.
- Decreased (vuo.event.decreased): Outputs an event when the input changes to a lower value.
- Block Empty List (vuo.event.emptyList): Outputs the input list only if it contains at least one item.
- Fire on Display Refresh (vuo.event.fireOnDisplayRefresh): Fires an event when the display is ready for the next frame.
- Fire on Start (vuo.event.fireOnStart): Fires an event when the composition starts.
- Increased (vuo.event.increased): Outputs an event when the input changes to a higher value.
- Spin Off Event (vuo.event.spinOffEvent): When this node receives an event, it fires a separate event.
- Spin Off Events (vuo.event.spinOffEvents): When this node receives an event, it fires multiple events.