This node set includes nodes for measuring elapsed time, converting time, and working with timed events.
Nodes for firing events in response to certain basic composition activities, such as when the composition first starts or when the display refreshes, can be found in the
vuo.event node set.
- Animate On Schedule: Triggers successive animations on a schedule.
- Change Ripple Periodically: Continuously ripples an image, and every 1 second changes the angle of the ripple.
- Change Speed With Mouse: Changes the speed and direction of stripes sliding across the window as the mouse is moved left or right.
- Count Seconds With Fadeout: Displays the number of seconds since the composition started. Each event from
Fire Periodically makes a new number appear, while the events from
Render Image to Window animate the old number fading out.
- Flash On Mouse Press: Repeatedly changes the color of a rectangle for a period of time after the mouse is pressed.
- Rotate On Cue: Begins one animation when the mouse is pressed and another animation one second later.
- Show Elapsed Time: Calculates how long ago certain events took place.
- Show Second Ticks: Shows the current date and time, and a visualization of ticking seconds.
- Show Stopwatch: A little timer that measures the seconds elapsed.
- Is Time-of-Day After (vuo.time.after.timeOfDay): Checks if time A is after B, ignoring the date component.
- Allow Periodic Events (vuo.time.allowPeriodic): Periodically lets a single Time event through, so that events are output at a steady rate.
- Is Time-of-Day Before (vuo.time.before.timeOfDay): Checks if time A is before B, ignoring the date component.
- Convert Beats Per Minute to Seconds (vuo.time.bpm.seconds): Converts beats per minute (bpm) to seconds per beat.
- Change Speed (vuo.time.changeSpeed): Makes time run faster, slower, or backwards.
- Subtract Times (vuo.time.elapsed): Calculates the difference between two times (B - A).
- Are Equal (Date-Time) (vuo.time.equal.dateTime): Outputs true if the dates and times are all within a certain distance of each other.
- Are Equal (Time of Day) (vuo.time.equal.timeOfDay): Outputs true if all times-of-day are within a certain distance of each other.
- Fetch Date-Time (vuo.time.fetch): Outputs the current calendar date and time.
- Fire Periodically (vuo.time.firePeriodically2): Repeatedly fires events at a steady rate.
- Format Date-Time (vuo.time.format): Outputs text containing a date and/or time.
- Get Date-Time Values (vuo.time.get): Splits a Date-Time into its parts.
- Make Date-Time (vuo.time.make): Creates a date-time.
- Measure Time (vuo.time.measureTime): Calculates the time elapsed since this node started keeping track.
- Offset Date-Time (vuo.time.offset): Adds a (possibly negative) offset to a date and time (1 minute ago, 8 hours from now, etc.).
- Get Relative Date-Time Values (vuo.time.relative.get): Splits a relative date-time into its parts.
- Make Relative Date-Time (vuo.time.relative.make): Creates a relative date-time.
- Round Date-Time (vuo.time.round): Rounds to a nearby minute, hour, etc.
- Schedule (vuo.time.schedule): Calculates the time elapsed since each output port was scheduled to begin passing along events.
- Convert Seconds to Beats Per Minute (vuo.time.seconds.bpm): Converts seconds per beat to beats per minute (bpm).