Nodes for working with data in ways that are independent of data type (such as storing the most recent data) or that apply to most data types (such as checking if two values are the same).
The Hold Value and Hold List nodes can be used within a feedback loop to do something repeatedly or iteratively. For more information, see the Vuo Manual.
- Record Camera Drags: Records interactions with a draggable camera and saves them to a file to be played back later.
First, run this composition to display a 3D scene. While the composition is running, drag or scroll the mouse to change the camera perspective. The camera updates will be recorded and saved to a JSON-formatted file for as long as the composition is running.
Then, to play back the recording in a high-quality offline render, use the File > Export > Movie… menu option.
- Save Word Definition: Fetches a word's definition via RSS, and writes it to a text file on the Desktop.
- Show Bar Chart: Reads a CSV file and displays its contents as a bar chart.
- Store Mouse Position: Draws two dots that follow the mouse pointer. One dot stays with it constantly (purple), and the other only updates once per second (blue).
- Twirl Image Repeatedly: Uses a feedback loop to add more and more twirls to an image over time.
- Append Data (vuo.data.append): Combines the input data items into a single one, in the order they appear in the list.
- Are Equal (Generic) (vuo.data.areEqual): Outputs true if all values are identical.
- Became Greater Than (vuo.data.becameGreaterThan): Outputs an event when A changes to a value greater than B.
- Became Less Than (vuo.data.becameLessThan): Outputs an event when A changes to a value less than B.
- Cut Data (vuo.data.cut): Outputs part of the input data.
- Fetch Data (vuo.data.fetch): Loads or downloads a file from a URL.
- Get Data Bytes (vuo.data.get): Outputs a list containing an integer for each byte in the input data.
- Hold List (vuo.data.hold.list2): When its Update port receives an event, this node outputs its stored list.
- Hold Value (vuo.data.hold2): When its Update port receives an event, this node outputs its stored value.
- Is Greater Than (vuo.data.isGreaterThan): Outputs true if A is greater than B.
- Is Less Than (vuo.data.isLessThan): Outputs true if A is less than B.
- Is Populated (vuo.data.populated): Outputs true if the value is not empty:
true if sample count is greater than zero
true if the mouse cursor is populated (takes any visible form)
true if width and height are greater than zero
true if the layer or any of its children can can potentially render graphics
true if the 3D object or any of its children can can potentially render graphics
true if the shader is anything other than the default (blue/purple gradient checkerboard)
true if the text contains at least one character (including whitespace)
- Make Data from Bytes (vuo.data.make): Creates data consisting of a byte for each value in the input list.
- Record and Play Values (vuo.data.record): Records a series of values to a file and plays them back.
- Save Data (vuo.data.save): Saves data to a file.
- Share List (vuo.data.share.list): Outputs the input list.
- Share Value (vuo.data.share): Outputs the input value.
- Summarize Value (vuo.data.summarize): Outputs a short text description of a value.