Nodes for launching and controlling other applications on the system, and for controlling the composition application itself.
- Launch Calculator: This composition launches an external application.
- Show Text Banner: Executes a shell command that creates an old-fashioned pin-feed printer banner, and shows it in a window.
- Execute Shell Command (vuo.app.shell): Runs a command in a Unix shell.
- Keep System Awake (vuo.app.keepSystemAwake): Requests that the computer (and its display) refrain from automatically going to sleep, and deactivates the screen saver.
- Launch App (vuo.app.launch): Launches the application from an .app file, or optionally brings it to the foreground if it’s already running, when an event hits the URL port.
- Open Document (vuo.app.openDocument): Opens a document file in the default app for that document, launching the app if necessary, when an event hits the URL port.
- Open URL in Browser (vuo.app.openUrl): Opens a web link in the system browser when an event hits the URL port.
- Stop Composition (vuo.app.stopComposition): When this node’s Stop port receives an event, the composition shuts down.